Friday, January 3, 2014

Something Borrowed Something New


I was watching
 "Something Borrowed Something New" 
on TLC with Nixon Grace last night. 

She looked at me and said, "I don't care 
what my wedding dress looks like.
I will be happy to be in love and 
have a husband and have kids."

My 1st thought was, "I'll remind you 
of that in 20 years when we are
shopping for your gown." :)

I also couldn't help but think about her sweet spirit. 
She was being so sincere. She was outraged that the
girls would choose a dress their mother
did not like. 

She kept telling me that she was
 going to wear my dress on her 
wedding day. The only change she needs to make
is to add a very long train!

I am not naive enough to believe that she 
will still want to wear my dress in 20 years. 
But this fun little photo-shoot 
we had last year 
came to mind and I just had to share!

My friend April of April Sawyer Photography
took these beautiful pictures of 
my daughters playing dress-up 
in my wedding gown. 

My plan was to have a portrait
made when each girl was 5 years of age
but since they are only 15 months apart
I decided to go ahead and have both girl's
pictures taken. 

Although my dress will most likely
not be the dress they "say yes" to on their
wedding day I know these picture will be treasured 
when their big day arrives!













Lottie obviously wasn't close to 
her 5th birthday but I didn't want to leave her out. 
Don't worry, she will have her
 very own photo-shoot in 3 years!

It's been over a year since these 
pictures were taken and they already have such 
sentimental value. 

If you have a little girl I believe it's worth 
dusting off your wedding dress and letting
her play dress-up for a day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment