Thursday, August 22, 2013

1st Day of School Eve Traditions

We have had only one "1st Day of School Eve"
 so far but I did do a couple of things that I hope to 
make traditions at the Cartee House. 

My favorite tradition that I plan to 
continue is a visit from the
Back to School Fairy. I know there
will be a lot of nerves this year just as last so she will
bring Jitter Glitter again! I took this poem off of
Pinterest and changed it a bit to make it our own. 
I set it out the night before school with a new bottle
of pink glittery nail polish. 

I painted Nixon's toes and fingers  for
the 1st day. Anytime she got scared or
nervous all she had to do was wiggle her toes
and think of mommy! 

Nixon LOVED the Back to School Fairy
 and I know Isla will too! 




We also like to read special 
books the night before. 

A friend of mine sent me 
"Mommy in my Pocket"
and we LOVE it!

It's the perfect night before
Kindergarten book! 

This year we have a 1st grader too 
and friends have recommended
this book! Nixon and I 
look forward to reading it!


We love tradition here at 
the Cartee house. 

What are some of your Back to 
School Traditions? 
Looking forward to hearing
new creative ideas! 



2 comments:

  1. I like to set up a back to school breakfast table. I'll post a picture soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our house mom helps pick out the backpack and dad helps with the lunchbox :)

    ReplyDelete